8.26.2007

How I Began Writing

How did I get into writing?- From the third grade on, I had a book in my hand. When I reached my teen years, I began to venture into creating stories for my friends. I continued to write off and on through many years of work, marriage and family. But I did not seriously think of it as a career until, in 1992, I entered Writer's Digest monthly contest and won. That made me believe I might actually be a real writer. I joined Romance Writers of America and learned about the business and craft of writing. In 2002, I entered the Heart and Soul contest for the Romance Slam Jam conference. I placed third or fourth. That year an editor from Genesis Press was one of the final round judges. Almost immediately after the conference, I shot a query off to Genesis, noting my position in the Slam Jam contest. And they bought it. Bodyguard was followed by Hand in Glove and Who's That Lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Profile

I call myself the Paperback Diva because I love reading, as well as writing, genre paperback fiction. I'm using this blog to record my daily writing progress.

Sit Your Butt in a Chair and Write!